Learn More about Recycled Rubber
Recycled Rubber in the News
Recycled rubber plays a vital yet largely unseen role in in our lives. We interact with it on a daily basis and it enables us to do many of the things we love the most. At the same time, there have been a number of unsubstantiated claims made in the media about the safety of recycled rubber, and these claims have been repeatedly refuted by the facts. Here are a few recent pieces to be aware of:
- "Board continues to talk turf", The McFarland Thistle (Wisconsin) July 26th, 2017
- "Brentwood joins high school football turf trend", The Tennessean (Tennessee) June 29, 2017
- "UNK replacing turf at Cope Stadium; work begins today", Kearney Hub (Nebraska) June 19, 2017
- "Glen Lake gets go-ahead on turf field", Traverse City Record-Eagle (Michigan), June 13, 2017
- "A long way from the Astrodome: Turf's become safer, more prevalent", The Chronicle-Telegram (Ohio) August 25, 2016
- "Synthetic turf installation underway at Duck Samford", Opelika-Auburn News (Alabama), June 17, 2016
- "Study finds Rancho Santa Fe turf field is not a health hazard", Rancho Santa Fe Review (California), May 18, 2016
- "Why Science Over Speculation Matters When It Comes to the Turf Debate", Huffington Post, April 26, 2016
- "Turf Industry Bolsters Defense of Crumb Rubber Safety", Athletic Business, April 2016
- "Rec and Park familiar with turf materials", San Francisco Examiner, March 16, 2016.
- "Preliminary test results: Crumb-rubber in artificial fields safe", HeraldNet, March 11, 2016.
- “Toxicologist’s view: Science refutes worries over recycled rubber”, Duluth News Tribune, January 17, 2016.
- “Forum: Claims about synthetic turf not supported by science”, New Haven Register, November 8, 2015.
- “Synthetic turf comes under fire but lack of proof makes it a preferred playing field surface”, USA Today, October 7, 2015.
- “Verdant consultant: Available data shows no risk from crumb rubber fields”, MyEdmondsNews, May 27, 2015.
- “Ground up tires give new meaning to synthetic turf”, USA Today, January 9, 2014.
Leading Pediatric Health Expert Says Recycled Rubber is Safe:
As Seen in Scrap Magazine: